Monday, January 2, 2012

Earning Money Online Doing Surveys


I admit it.  I'm an online junkie.  I love being on the computer.  Sad, but true.  What I love even more is making money on the computer, especially doing surveys.  I can sit on the couch with the hubby and do a survey and make a buck or two and listen to my favorite show on the boob tube.  Yep I said that.

I'm one of those people who cannot just sit down and watch a T.V. show.  You will never ever find me in a movie theater.  Sitting down for more that 15 minutes without doing something with my hands is like punishment for me.  I just can't do it. 

A couple of years ago I wanted to check and see if it was true that you could make money online doing surveys.  Really?  Voice my opinion and make money doing so?  The answer is YES you can.  However, big NOTE here.  You will not.....let me repeat that....YOU WILL NOT get rich doing online surveys.  Aint going to happen.  Why do them, for me it's simple, gives me something to do with my hands, I get to express my opinion on products I use (who doesn't like to do that) and I earn a couple bucks here and there to use where I want.  Can you say Christmas 2012?  I knew you could.

If you scroll down the right side of my page you will see the survey sites that I go to.  One of my favorites is Survey Savvy.  Why do I like them?  Simple, the surveys pertain to me and the pay is pretty decent for a few minutes of my time.  Now, you are not going to earn the same hourly wage you make at your professional career but then again you aren't doing the same work.  The surveys I do range in price from $1 to $5 a survey depending on the length.  Usually surveys pay $1 to $3 for 20 to 30 minutes worth of your time.  And when they say 20 to 30 minutes, I have found I can do the survey in about half that time.  However, there will be some that are very detailed and will take you the claimed amount of time.

Honesty is always my mode of operation when telling you about these sites.  Honestly, I don't receive a ton of e-mails from them for surveys.  Maybe 1 to 2 a week.  When I have time to do them I do, and when I don't, they go into the electronic trash folder. 

One of the most important things about doing surveys is filling out the profiles.  The more up to date your profiles are, the more surveys you are likely to get.  So if you join a survey site, be sure the first thing you do is check and see if they have profile sections that need to be completed.  The profiles are how you get invited to surveys so make certain and keep them up to date.

Right now I have $28.00 in my Survey Savvy account.  That's money I've earned doing surveys.  (remember I told you that you wouldn't get rich doing this).  You get paid by check and you can put in the amount you want your check to be for.  I could request all $28.00 or $20.00. It's entirely up to me.  It takes 4 to 12 weeks to get your check so if you are like me and do it to earn money for Christmas, then you have to take into account the longest possible time and cash it out in plenty of time to use for the holidays. 

Since you can only get paid via check and not transfer to PayPal or Amazon or get a gift card, etc., this money will go strictly towards the Christmas 2012 fund.  Remember the goal this year is to do a normal Christmas for no money out of my pocket.  This is $28.00 I could use to purchase something for someone on my gift list.

Just another way I use the web to make a few bucks to use and not have the money come out of my bank account. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Coupon Preview 2

Click Here