Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thursday Events, CVS, Walgreens & SCJ Rebate

Well, it's Thursday and so far for the week I have spent $7.50 on dinner for my husband and myself since Sunday. Here's the breakdown
Sunday Lunch - Shredded Roast Tacos - $.250
Sunday Dinner - Chicken Noodle Soup - $2.11 ( Didn't break this down by serving- actually less)
Monday Dinner - Roast Cottage Pie - $1.38
Tuesday Dinner - $.43 Chinese left overs (free to me) + Soup, Grilled Cheese for hubby
Wednesday - Chicken Noodle Pot Pie $.72
Thursday - Chicken Noodle Pot Pie for me $.36 / Pepperoni Pizza Free to Hubby
Total for week = $7.50
Now wouldn't that be sweet if I could do that everyday of every week. Now the challenge is on to me. I'll be freezing the remainder of the soup. It made a huge pot and I'm not sure how to break it down by serving so I just put the total of $2.11. per serving actually probably cost about $.20 or less so my total for the week so far is actually about $6.
I have to admit that it has made me want to get creative and do more cooking from scratch. I can't tell you the amount of money we personally would save doing this, but it would be huge. Honestly, we have eaten take out way too much and it really hasn't been necessary other than I didn't feel like putting thought and energy into cooking. Not smart in today's economic times.
I'm going to freeze the remaining soup and honestly will probably give the remaining cottage pie to the dogs. I don't think it will freeze well and my husband wasn't overly thrilled about it although I thought it was pretty nifty. Maybe with a few other items thrown in like mixed veggies and gravy it would have been more appealing to him.
Stopped by Remkes today for their one day sale. I guess I didn't read the flyer close enough because the boneless, skinless chicken came in 3 lb bags. Fine by me. I bought two of them for $3.99. Each bag contains 6 chicken breast which appear to be of decent size so I might be able to use 1 chicken breast per meal. We'll have to see. Cost comes out to $.665 per chicken breast. Not a bad cost really.
I found out today that SCJ has a rebate form good for $5 back on the purchase of 3 qualifying items. Here's the link for the form.
The qualifying items are:

• Ziploc®
• Glade®
• Windex®
• Scrubbing Bubbles®
• Pledge®
• Shout®
• Fantastik®
• Drano®
• Raid®
• Off®
• Saran™
• Nature’s Source™
CVS
CVS is suppose to have the Glade Reed Diffuser or Candle on sale this coming week for $6.99. I got an e-mail (because I registered with them) from Right At Home with notice of a coupon for a coupon good for $3 off any two Glade Fragrance Collection products. There was also a $2 coupon in the September All You magazine (purchase at Wal-Mart). And I believe there is a $3/1 MFC from the 10/4/09 Smart Source so plenty of ways to save money on this deal. You will get $6.99 ECB when you purchase the candle or diffuser. There is a limit of 1 ECB per card so you won't be able to go back and get another and it print another ECB. However you can use the $6.99 and another coupon and go back and get another one and something else that you need. Or, according to HCW, cokes are on sale for 4 12 packs for $13 + you get $3 ECB. My plan is to get one of the Candles (I just love candles) and then use the $6.99 towards the Cokes ($13.78 - $6.99 = $6.79). Then I will take the $3 ECB and use it with another coupon for another candle. So for about $10 I'll get 4 12 packs + 2 Glade Fragrance Candles plus still have my $3 ECB. I haven't seen the whole ad so I don't know what else is on sale. I'm going to try to get my CVS to give me the ad on Saturday as I haven't been getting it in my Saturday Door Store lately. I'll keep you posted.
Walgreens
According to the ad scans from HWC, you can get a couple of good deals at Walgreens this next week:
Zantac is suppose to be on sale for $8.99 with a $8.99 Register Rewards deal. There is a $1/1 MFC from the 8/23/09 Smart Source as well as a $5 Printable. I was able to print the coupon twice (use your back button).
Starbucks Frappacino is on sale for $1.29. There is a bricks coupon for $1/1 making the final cost $.29.
Various Glade Products 2/$5 with a $1 Register Rewards. There is $1.50/2 of the Glade 4 oz candles from 9/20/09Smart Source. Save your receipt as this also counts towards the SCJ Rebate
Bic Comfort Disposable Razors (Mens or Womens) $3.99 + $1 Register Rewards. There is a $2/1 MFC from 9/20/09 Smart Source
Pert Plus - 2/$5. There are $1/1 MFC from the 9/13/09 Smart Source. Plus you will get $2 Register Rewards.
Ricola Cough Drops - 2/$3 with Wags coupon. Use the purchase 1 and get 1 Natural Mixed Berry with Vitamin C free. You will get two for the cost of $1.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Coupon Preview 2

Click Here