Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hey There, It's Me Again.


Wow!  It's hard to believe it's been almost a year since I posted on here.  And boy-o-boy how things have changed in the past year.

You see, I stopped using coupons the way I used to because I became very frustrated with the various manufacturers of the products, the way they changed coupons, not to mention the way they changed their products!  So....I sort of turned my back on them.  And, I didn't feel I could post use this coupon here and that coupon there if I wasn't doing so myself.

I found that constantly trying to menu plan every week was driving me insane!  I spent countless hours trying to scour the flyers to see what was on sale and pick items that I could match with coupons to save money but yet they still had to be something my husband would eat.  Remember, I am married to the pickiest person in the world.

My stockpile was out of control.  You see, I had done so well during the great times of using coupons to get things free that I went overboard and had enough items in the basement to feed a family of 6 for a year at least.  I AM NOT KIDDING.  Need I remind you that we are a family of two now that all of the kids are grown and out of the house.  I didn't need that much stuff.  Let me put it to you bluntly.  I haven't purchased razors or blades in 3 years or more and I probably still won't have to for at least another two years.  I repeat there are only 2 of us.  We have dwindled down the stockpile to suit the needs of two rather than the masses.  I also had to face the fact that I was purchasing things, albeit at a great price, we didn't need or use just because I could.  I gave bags and boxes of things away to people that needed it.

With all of that said, I took a nice long siesta and now I am back and ready to move on forward.  I must warn you...I look at things a tad bit differently now.  I swear it's because I'm getting older.  I'm getting close to the top of the Big 50 Hill.  I think it changes you.

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll stop back by.

Chau!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Coupon Preview 2

Click Here