Friday, January 6, 2012

Friday Shopping - 01/06/2012

Remember the other day I told you that I had a few things on my list that I need to get so today I hit the stores.  First was Remkes



Here's full price:
$12.76 - 4 Boxes Cinnamon Toast Crunch
$6.38 - 2 Boxes Cheerios
$3.58 - 2 Packages Starkist Tuna in Pouches
$7.16 - 4 Boxes of Hamburger Helper
$29.88 - TOTAL PRE SALE AND COUPONS

Here's utilizing the sales prices and coupons
$9.96 - 4 Boxes Cinnamon Toast Crunch
$4.98 - 2 Boxes Cheerios
$2.50 - 2 Packages Starkist Tuna in Pouches
$5.96 - 4 Boxes of Hamburger Helper
($5.00) - Buy 10 Get $5 off Instant Reward
($1.00) - $1/2 Cheerios
($2.00) - 2 $.50/1 Tuna Coupons (doubled)
($4.00) - 4 $.50/1 Cinnamon Toast Crunch Coupons (doubled)
(.06) - Credit for bringing my own bags
$10.40 TOTAL AFTER SALES AND COUPONS

Saved $19.48 (66%) utilizing sales + coupons



Next stop Krogers - didn't do as well because bought few store brand items



$2.68 - Krogers Gallon Milk
$1.49 - Dawn Dish Detergent
$1.49 - Krogers Extra Large Eggs
$.75 - Krogers Wheat Bread
$4.99 - Pantene Gel
$5.99 - Pantene Shampoo
$17.39 TOTAL BEFORE SALES AND COUPONS

$2.68 - Krogers Gallon Milk
$1.49 - Dawn Dish Detergent
$1.49 - Krogers Extra Large Eggs
$2.00 Pantene Gel (Discontinued Price)
$2.50 - Pantene Shampoo (Discontinued Price)
($.20) - Sale on Milk
($1.00) - Coupon on Dawn
($3.00) - Coupon $3/2 on any Pantene Products
$7.24 TOTAL USING SALES + COUPONS

Saved $10.15 (59%) utilizing sales + coupons




TOTAL OF PURCHASES TO DATE = $61.25

TOTAL PAID OUT OF POCKET AFTER SALES + COUPONS = $22.58

TOTAL AMOUNT SAVED = $38.67
PERCENTAGE SAVINGS = 63%

My point in telling you the full price totals is this is what you have been or would have been spending without waiting to purchase items when they are on sale.  I try very hard to only purchase items when they are on sale or when I have a coupon to match to it.  If I had purchased named brand items for the bread and eggs, I may have been able to do a little better or then again my price may have been a little higher for name brand products. 

Also, you can see that I am only purchasing a little from here and a little from there as I need things.  I don't shop in just one place.  Spread the love and savings around.  We'll talk about that more here in another post.

Do I always keep up with what I am spending?  Yes.  Remember I'm the queen of spreadsheets.  Start tracking your spending at every single store you go to.  When you start paying attention to prices and your receipts it makes you want to do better.  Trust me when I say it becomes catching and a challenge!  Find some way to track it.  I don't care if you write it down in a notebook or prepare a spreadsheet, but keep track.  Every day.  Every week.  Every month.  Keep your receipts as well.  Get an envelope and put them in it.  At the end of the month write your totals on the envelope.  Total Sales.  Total Spent utilizing Sales + Coupons.  Total Saved and Percentage Saved.  Do this for one year.  By the end of the year, you won't even have to think about it anymore.  It will be a habit and you won't need to keep your receipts any longer.  When you first start out on the path to saving, it helps you to have these little things that you can go back to and see your progress through the year.  One month you spend $1,000.00; the next month it's down to $850.00; then it's down to $750.00 the next month and so on and so on.  Trust me it works and will create a lifetime habit of savings.

Hugs!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Coupon Preview 2

Click Here