Monday, January 23, 2012

Be Loyal to All // Be Loyal to None

WHAT????

Strange right? However, there is a very definite point to make when you are trying to cut down on the cost of your groceries. Don't be loyal to any one store and be loyal to all of them. Say again?

Don't be loyal to any one store!
If you shop only at Krogers or Piggly Wiggly or Albertsons or whomever, you are cutting yourself short on the savings! While the stores will put a lot of the same items on sale each week, that doesn't mean that they put them on sale for the same price. For example, a couple of weeks ago, one grocery store in my area had cabbage for $.39/lb. Another had it for $.59 and still another had it for $.99. You know which one I purchased it from. It's very important to pay attention to what each store has on sale each week and the coupons you have.

Another example, right now a lot of the Target stores have Hunts tomatoes on sale for a certain price and there is a $1/4 coupon floating out there across the U.S. making the final cost $.33 for a 14.5 ounce can. However, I also know that Krogers has them on sale right now for a $1.08 with a buy 10 get $5 off instantly and I have coupons for $.45/3 which makes the ending price to me $.31 for the same size can. I'll be purchasing mine at Krogers.

Now I know what you're saying, what's $.10. Well, take that $.10 on this item and that item, day after day, week after week and see how much you have at the end of the year. Another point to make is that it's not worth driving 20 minute to save $.10 on only one item. Do the math and factor in your time, driving distance, etc. Fortunately for me, I pass several stores on my way home and so I can hit whichever store I want for whatever deal I am going after without going out of my way.

To save the most money, you can't be loyal to any one store. Shop them all. Know who has what on sale each week and plan accordingly.

Be Loyal To All!!
Now what am I talking about. Loyalty cards. If the stores in your area offer them, get them. You never know what the benefits are going to be. I have a card for every single grocery store and drug store in my area that offer them. I have a special little section in my wallet where I keep them all. And quite frankly, when I go to Krogers I try to pull out the Krogers card before I get to the cashier but if I haven't gotten it out yet and she sees my Remkes card and Meijers card, I care not. If she was smart, she'd have them too!

So, keep in mind that to get the most for your buck, you buy a little here and you buy a little there and you spread the love around while you get to keep the money in your pocketbook!

Hugs,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Coupon Preview 2

Click Here