Saturday, January 16, 2010

My Meijer's Shopping Trip Today

I have to confess.........o.k., this challenge thing (yes I am still doing it), while it is teaching me a tremendous amount about my spending habits, seemed to take away my fun and thrill of grocery shopping to see how much I could get. Today I couldn't help myself and so I trucked off to Meijers with coupon binder in hand and my $35 budget in mind.

First Transaction:
4 Packages Kraft Shredded Cheese
1 Package Kraft Chunk Cheese
- Use (2)$1/2 coupons for cheese
Total of Products Purchased before sales and Coupons = $11.85
Total out of pocket after sales and coupons = $8.00 + $5 coupon good for next order
Boo Hiss, Boo Hiss...that leaves $27 for the weekly budget

Second Transaction:
5 Breakstone Cottage Cheese
2 Tuna Helper
1 Hamburger Helper
1 Chicken Helper
12 Dannon Light & Fit Yogurts
2 Warm Delights
3 Betty Crocker Frosting
2 Ronzoni Smart Start Elbow Pasta
2 Boxes Lance Snack Crackers
Total of product before sales and coupons = $37.26
Total out of pocket after sales and coupons = $3.90 + $5 coupon for next order + $2 coupon for next order.
Much Better
Weekly Budget left = $23.10

Transaction No. 3
2 Gallons Meijer Milk
1/2 Gallon Chocolate Milk
1 General Mills Family Size Honey Nut Cheerios
1 General Mills Cocoa Puffs
1 General Mills Cookie Crisp Cereal
1 General Mills Reese's Cereal
8 Hunts Snack Packs
2 packages Yakosoba Terraki Noodles
4 Boxes Green Giant Brussell Sprouts
4 Cans Chefboyaradee Ravioli
1 Large Bag Tortilla Chips
1 Bag Dole Cole Slaw Mix
Total of product before sales and coupons = $50.98
Total out of pocket after sales and coupons = $12.50
Balance of budget to spend for week = $10.60

Total Amount of Groceries Purchased = $100.09
Total Out of Pocket after sales & coupons = $24.40
Percentage Savings = 76%

Works for me and the hubby is thrilled about his snack packs!




This post is part of the Becentsable Gathering
Compensated Affiliate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Coupon Preview 2

Click Here