Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Great Stockpile Item - Free Snuggle Fabric Softener

Remember how I talked about stockpiling in my previous post...well, if you are just beginning yours and you use Snuggle Fabric Softener Sheets, here is your first stockpile item.

This past Sunday a $2/1 coupon came out for Snuggle Fabric Softener Liquid or Sheets. Wal-Mart has the fabric softener sheets for $1.89. That computes to FREE in case you haven't had your first cup of coffee yet. This is a great deal and a super stockup item.

Sooo, of course I went to E-Bay and purchased (the time to clip, sort, blah, blah, blah) 20 of the coupons for $5.98. O.K. so I have to count the cost of the coupons for the fabric softener which means that I will pay $5.98 for the coupons (here's the link to the seller). Now remember also, this is a taxable item, so technically you are suppose to pay the tax. Some times at Wal-Mart they compute the price down and sometimes they just take the full amount off.

So here are the possible price scenarios:

Full Value of Coupon
20 @ $1.89 = $37.80 x 6% (my state tax) = $40.06
Subract 20 coupons x $2 = (-$40)
Total = $.06
Add back in cost of coupons = $5.98 + $.06 = $6.04

Coupon Adjusted Down
20 @ $1.89 = $37.80 x 6% (my state tax) = $40.06
Subtrace 20 coupons valued down to price of product ($1.89) = (-$37.80)
Total = $2.26
Add back in cost of coupns = $5.98 + $2.26 = $8.24

Either scenario you get is an outstanding price for 20 boxes of Snuggle Fabric Softener Sheets. With this deal, I won't need to purchase fabrc softener again for at least a year, maybe more. This is perfect timing for me as I was down to my last bottle. A year's supply of fabric softener for either $6.04 or $8.24 is a GREAT DEAL. That's a 85% or 80% savings depending on how your store handles the coupon.

If you are just beginning, you have your first stockpile item. Now you understand why you need to find an area for your stockpile. When deals like this pop up, you just have to grab them as soon as possible. Now you can mark fabric softener off of your grocery list.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Coupon Preview 2

Click Here