Wednesday, January 20, 2010

General Mills Cereals Lowers Their Sugar Content


Now days it's becoming more and more difficult to feed your children, not to mention ourselves, breakfast that is not loaded with sugar. Have you bothered to stop and look at the sugar content in the packages these days. You do that right? Yeah...me too. Honestly who has time to time these days to stand in the aisles of the local grocery store checking the labels on everything. Well now you don't have to.

General Mills has taken it upon themselves to do us a favor and lower the sugar content of their cereals advertised for children 12 and under to single digit levels. Now I have to be honest with you and tell you that I heard about this through My Blog Spark. I wanted to see for myself so I signed up and they sent me a couple of free coupons to try the cereal for myself. I received the coupons and decided to try the cereal out on the ever picky husband. He couldn't tell the difference.....and neither could I. My Cinnamon Toast Crunch taste the same to me and trust me I'd know if it didn't. It's my favorite cereal in the world and I would just go nuts if the taste changed.

I can tell you that one of the first things the doctors tell you when your Triglycerides are too high is to lower your sugar content. In case you don't know they are, the are a type of fat found in your blood. Your body makes some on it's own naturally, however, if you consume too much sugar, your body produces a great deal more which leaves the potential for a heart attack. I know this because I was one of those people told to lower mine. Here's a couple of reasons to lower your sugar content and eat a healthy breakfast of cereal.

Ready-to-eat cereals contain only 5% of the sugar in a child's diet.

Ready-to-eat cereal is the number 1 source of fiber in a child's diet today.

People who eat cereal regularly tend to have healthier body weights and lower mass body index measures.
You can go to Cereal Health and Wellness to find even more information about kids and cereal. (And yes it can apply to big kids too!)

We also know that eating breakfast is the best way to start your day.....your less hungry throughout the day (results in less overeating) and you have more energy (kids are more alert in school and you can tackle those projects at work without being stressed!)

Now you can continue to eat those great cereals and feel better about eating them and serving them to your family. Don't take my word for it....try them yourself....go here to get a $1 off one of 4 General Mills cereals.
And I personally would like thank General Mills for providing all of this great information (and my free coupons) through My Blog Spark.





This post is part of the Becentsable Gathering
Compensated Affiliate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Coupon Preview 2

Click Here