Monday, October 26, 2009

Someone To Talk About

Everyone now and then someone comes along that you just have to talk about. No no no, I don't mean the talking behind their back talking. I mean the, I'm glad our paths crossed and I had the good fortunate of meeting you talking. The "have you met Becky? Isn't she the most wonderful person you've ever met?" talking. This person is a fellow blogger and a person I am so thankful I met. She has to be one, if not the, most selfless person I've ever known. She's one of those people that just makes you want to do more. No matter what you're situation in life is, you realize there is always a way to help. Who am I talking about. Becky from Nickels-N-Dimes. I had the privilege of attending her School Supply/Coupon Social a couple of months back. I wasn't sure what to expect as I had never attended one, but I am a faithful follower of Beckys and when I read she was having this event I knew I wanted to be a part of it. Who better to help than our kids of today. Times are tough everywhere and Becky took it upon herself to collect school supplies for needy kids. What a gracious thing to do. She has wonderful little kids of her own, but she has so much love she just has to spread it around.

Becky has a knack for finding all of the online deals that can save you a ton in the pocketbook. I don't know how she does it, but I'm glad she does. I can only wonder the scores of people her site helps save money. If you want a deal on a magazine subscription, Nickels-N-Dimes is the place to go to find out who has the deal. Or if you are looking for the lastest and greatest gadget and gizmo, Becky will let you know who has the deal and all of the particulars. She does a great job of finding the information and passing it on to the public and let me tell you she finds some awesome deals.

Well, she's at it again...and again, I can say that I will be truly honored to be involved. Becky is putting together her second annual Christmas Crusade. The event will take place on Saturday, December 12, 2009 from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Chris United Methodist located in Florence, Kentucky. Pastor Chris Morgan is allowing Becky the use of their facility to hold this event.

The event will benefit The Rose Garden in Covington, KY, which is run by the Franciscan Daughters of Mary. As Becky states "Their original mission was to help pregnant women get the things needed for their coming blessing. Over time, the need of our communities has taken them to also include a food pantry and the take any type of donation in an effort to help all those that walk through their doors."

Now here's where you come in. The key words there are "they take any type of donation". Becky is collection baby items, non-perishable food items, personal care items, new/gently used coats, jackets, toys, baby needs (swings, bouncers, walkers, etc.), children's clothing, teen clothing, adult clothing etc. Sooooo, start cleaning out those drawers and closets people. You need to make room for Christmas anyway, right? Go through your kids toys......when was the last time they played with a certain toy. Is it still in good working condition and doesn't look like it was run over by a Mac truck? Then we'll take. How many clothes have they outgrown that you just haven't pulled out of the closet or drawer yet? Now's the time to do it.

You've got plenty of time.....about 6 and a half weeks to be more exact, and this is a great cause. And a way to help someone who has done so much good in helping people save money. You can either drop your items off on the December 12th, or if you live in the Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky tri-state area, send me an e-mail at r.gullett@insightbb.com and I'll come pick them up. I got my first bag of baby items today and am so excited.

Thank you Becky for once again stepping up to the plate for those in need. I am blessed to have met you and even more blessed to call you a fellow blogger and friend. I am looking so forward to this year's event.

Please visit Becky's site at Nickels-N-Dimes. You'll be glad you did.

Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

  1. You give me chills and make me just want to tear up.

    It's not me though that this post should be about. It should be about you and the many people that turned out to make the event all that it was in August (and hopefully will be in December). YOU lady - you were amazing. You showed up and made everyone's head turn with your generosity! UNBELIEVABLE!

    In the end, none of this would be if not for the Lord above. He made it all possible. Every bit of it came together way too easy and that was Him taking care of us and helping us to make a difference!

    In the end, YOU are awesome and I can't thank you enough.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Coupon Preview 2

Click Here