Friday, June 19, 2009

Walgreens Lunchtime Run 06/19/2009

UPDATED @ 5:00 P.M - GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR THE UPDATE

Just wanted to share how I do my shopping and savings at places like Walgreens. This in my opinion shows that it really does work using coupons and it is definitely worth the clipping, sorting, organizing, etc.

The cashier today was a very nice young man who let me do four transactions in one standing.

Transaction No. 1
- Purchased 1 St. Ives Body Wash - $2.99
- Used 1 $1.50/1 MFC
Final Cost = $1.67 + $2.99 Register Rewards
Savings Per Register Receipt = $1.90

Transaction No. 2
- Purchased 2 Quattro Titanium Razors = $18.98
- Purchased 2 Hershey Chocolate Bars = $1.59
- Used $2.99 Register Rewards from Transaction No. 1
- Use (2) $4.00 MFC from 6/14/09 Smart Source
- $9.49 Buy One Get One Free Refund
Final Cost = $.74
Savings Per Register Receipt = $20.49

Transaction No. 3
- Purchased 1 St. Ives Body Wash - $2.99
- Used 1 $1.50 MFC from 6/14/09 Smart Source
Final Cost = $1.67 + $2.99 Register Rewards
Savings Per Register Receipt = $1.90

Transaction No. 4
- Purchased (2) Quattro Titanium 4 Cartridge Refill Pack @ 10.99 = $21.98
- Purchased 1 Hershey Chocolate Bar @ $.89
- Used $2.99 Register Rewards from Transaction No. 3
- Use (2) $4.00 MFC from 6/14/09 Smart Source
- $10.99 Refund on Buy One Get One Free Offer
Final Cost = $1.59
Savings Per Register Receipt = $21.99

GRAND TOTALS
Total Merchandise = $51.95
Total Spent After Coupons and Buy One Get One Free Refunds = $5.67
Percentage Savings = 90%
I used to hate shopping. Now it's fun and my hubbie is always anxious to see how I have done.

When I got home from work I found my extra coupons I ordered on the razors and blades came in so I was off to Walgreens again. However, in trying to practice proper coupon behavior, I ended up going to 6 different Walgreens.

Here's what I ended up with total today from 6 different Walgreens locations:
12 Schick Titanium Razors

8 Schick Titanium Razor Blade Refills

2 Bottles of St. Ives Body Wash

3 Hershey Candy Bars

Total of Merchandise: $215.56

Cost of Additional Coupons From Ebay: $2.64

TOTAL OF MERCHANDISE + COUPONS: $218.20

Total Walgreens Refunds and Sales: ($100.70)

Total Manufacturer Coupons ($89.00)

Grand Total Spent: $28.50 That's a 87% savings. If you pay attention to prices these days, you know this was a deal that couldn't be beat. I won't have to purchase razors or blades for my husband for at least 2 years. If you have an area to stock up in your house, this is definitely how to do it. If you don't have a specific small room like I do, use a closet, makes shelves, use under the bed. Do some cleaning out of clutter and you would be surprised at how much room you actually have. In these economic times and those still to come, it pays to pay attention to coupons and prices. Every dollar that you can save on your groceries you can put towards paying down a bill or paying off a vehicle or paying off your house, etc. Better yet, put it in savings. If you took what you saved each time you used coupons and put that money into savings, you'd be surprised at how much you had at the end of the year. Pennies, nickles, dimes and dollars all add up fast. If you don't believe me, just check out that credit card you owe a balance on.

Hopefully this blog site helps you. I appreciate the feedback I have received. I don't sugar things up or exaggeate the savings. What I post is what I bought and paid period. I don't consider myself a coupon queen altough I thank those who tell me that I am. I tend to laught but appreciate the compliment just the same. I just want to tell people how to go where to go to get the best deals.

Soooo, if you like what you see, spread the word about my site. I'd appreciate it greatly. It makes me feel that somebody out there in the web world is learning something from what I do. And to those of you in Florida. Welcome to my site. It's not fancy, but it's real and I hope it helps you.

God bless to all of you and keep on saving!

De

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Coupon Preview 2

Click Here