Saturday, June 27, 2009

Meijers - Strolling the Aisles

Today I decided to go to Meijers in Alexandria to get the Aunt Millie's bread and Kool-aid, sugar, Macaroni & Cheese deal. I have never actually shopped at Meijers where I just walked up and down the aisles to see what they had. As I didn't actually have anything planned, I decided to do that today. I have to say that the Meijers in Alexandria has the nicest people of any grocery store I have every shopped. I met a wonderful older couple who wanted to check out my coupon binder and get a mini course in how to save using coupons. Then in the macaroni and cheese aisle I found a very nice oriental lady and her young daughter trying to decide how many boxes of macaroni and cheese to buy. Naturally the little girl choose four so I pulled out a buy 3 get one free coupon and gave it to mom. She had never used coupons before and wanted to learn more about it so I gave her the readers digest version. Then when I was in the frozen food section trying to decide which Michellinas to get for $.75/ea., there was a couple there about my age and I heard them talking about how if they got these then maybe they would have enough money to get a few additional items. Of course I had to stop and cut out the Meijer Mealbox coupons I had extras of and give it to them. They had never used coupons before either and I explained what to do and directed them to a bigger assortment of the dinners. Then I was in the juice aisle looking at the various drinks and the coupons I had to see if I coupon put any good deals together. I noticed an elderly lady using her little calculator trying to figure out which juice she could afford. I notice a juice item on sale that I had a coupon for and I asked her if she liked that kind and she said yes so I gave her the coupon and she punched in the new number in and smiled the biggest smile when she realized she could get a large juice for less than the one she was originally looking at that was on sale. I walked out of the store with a renewed devotion to my site. That's why I started doing this. To help people like those I met today. It made all of the hours I spend working on this thing worth it. And trust me I spend probably 15-20 hours a week.
Anyway, here's what I bought today:
2 Mighty Dog cans of dog food
6 Cesar Canine packages of dog food
6 Ortega Taco Seasoning Mix
4 Kraft Velveeta Cups
2 French's Mustard
1 Hunts Ketchup
2 Large Cans Dole Juice
1 Box Luzianne Tea Bags
2 French's Honey Mustard
1 Container Feta Cheese
3/4 lb Deli Colby Cheese
3/4 lb Smoked Turkey
2 Containers Folgers Coffee
20 Packages Kool-Aid
2 Aunt Millie's Bread
10 Michellinas Frozen Entrees
2 Marie Callendars Pasta Aldente
2 Boxes Soft Pretzels
1 Box Ritz Crackers
1 Box Wheat Thins
4 Boxes Carrs Crackers
1 Sara Lee Cheesecake
2 4-lb Bags Sugar
1 5-Pack Macaroni N Cheese
2 Jars Skippy Peanut Butter
2 Box Frozen Bread Sticks
2 Packages Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Links
2 Packages Cream Cheese
2 Boxes Velveeta Shells & Cheese
2 Jars Ragu Pasta Sauce
4 Packages Oscar Mayer Bologny
2 Tony's Pizza For One
1 Box Kashi Waffles

Total of groceries - $152.55
Total MFC & Meijer Sale Coupons ($99.26)
Final Cost: $53.29 or 66% savings

Alot of food for a pretty decent savings. As the commercial says, cost of stopping and meeting some very wonderful people today and sharing about couponing, PRICELESS + a SMILE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Coupon Preview 2

Click Here